AvePoint announced the release of their Governance Automation module. This tool sits on top of their existing DocAve suite and leverages the individual modules to provide governance automation.
Users would create a service request in the GA GUI. This list is currently limited to the following requests, but is expected to be expanded shortly:
- Site Collection Provisioning
- Site Provisioning
- Site Collection Lifecycle Management
These service requests allow SharePoint administrators to build up approval processes, reporting, and implement a governance policy depending on numerous variables. An end user can request a site from the GA GUI, and through the automated process, send the request for approval, apply governance policies, storage policies, lifecycle policies, backup policies, setup permissions etc, (This is dependant on the DocAve modules installed).
This alone will decrease the wait time for end users, as well as the work load of SharePoint administrators who can now focus on maintaining and improving your farms, and not worry about having to attend to trival tasks such as creating sites.
Further down the line, GA enables reporting as well, so administrators can quickly see what is happening with detailed reports on the SharePoint assets. One of the more interesting features for SharePoint administrators is the ability to clearly provide Chargeback reports to departments/functional units within the organisation.
K2 released 4.6.1 last week, here is the breakdown of features and bug fixes:
|New Feature||Description||K2 Blackpearl||K2 Blackpoint||Prerequisite|
|Dynamic Oracle Service Object||The Oracle service broker allows process designers to query and update information in Oracle databases. The Oracle Data Provider for .NET (ODP.NET) supports the current version of Oracle. The database servers can be running on Windows, Linux or Unix.||
|Support for SQL 2012||Support has been added for the following SQL Server 2012 features – requires K2 4.6 or later
Support has been added for the following SQL Server 2012 feature – requires K2 4.6.1 or later
|Microsoft SQL Server 2012|
|SQL Server 2008 R2 Features||Support has been added for the following SQL Server 2008 R2 feature – requires K2 4.6 or later
||Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2|
|SSRS 2012||SSRS 2012 is now supported when using K2 reporting||SQL Server Reporting Services 2012|
- KB001285 – Hotfix: User Tasks for K2 SharePoint Workflow Integrated Processes will not be generated when starting a workflow instance on SharePoint items that exist within a SharePoint Document Library folder or SharePoint List folder.
- KB001286 – Hotfix: Configuration options for Active Directory User Manager message logging.
- KB001291 – Hotfix: A timeout error occurs in a K2 Designer for Visual Studio process when using high volumes of E-mail Events that contain large attachments.
- KB001294 – Hotfix: A SharePoint SmartObject GetList method created from a Document Library with many records results in a timeout error.
- KB001499 – K2 4.6.1 High Priority Fixes